Tuesday 25 August 2015

Lush Cardiff Event


Hey all!

I hope you're ready for a fun filled photo post! We were lucky enough to attend the latest blog event in Lush Cardiff last Thursday to show case the new products for summer and see some of the products that were initially exclusive to Lush Oxford Street that are now available in more Lush stores. Boy oh boy have we got some awesome pictures and products to share with you.

Without further ado let's get stuck in!

We were firstly shown some of the new bath bombs, which are amazing!!!! For bath bombs I tend to look for amazing colours over smells and none of these disappointed.  First up is Frozen... instant winner with me due to the name. This is such a pretty bath bomb, it gives the water the most amazing blue colour and a sparkle of silver glitter. 

DSC_1096
Frozen Bath Bomb Lush

DSC_1097
Frozen Bath Bomb Lush in action

The second newbie we saw was Yoga Bomb. Designed to be a slow fizzer to keep you in the bath longer this bad boy can take upto 8 minutes to fully fizz. From the start it looks like it'll just be orange but after a while when yoga bomb gets to the middle and releases some blues and purple to add some colour. It's definitely a great one for after a tough day at work!

DSC_1095
Yoga Bomb bath bomb lush

DSC_1107
Yoga Bomb bath bomb lush in  bath
Next up is the experiment, guaranteed to catch your eye. I was straight away drawn to it, the bright colours and the amazing shape. This one is such a fun one and smells good to. In the bath it gives and explosion of colour and a few slight bubbles!

DSC_1089
The experimenter bath bomb lush

DSC_1093
The experimenter bath bomb lush in action
Last but by no means least is Interalactic. This gives another colourful bath but with more of a blue base. I do love a blue base so I can pretend I'm in some lush warm holiday sea!! This one packs a slight shimmer but doesn't leave you feeling like a Cullen when you step out of the bath!

DSC_1100
Lush intergalatic bath bomb

DSC_1090
Lush Intergalactic bath bomb in action
After the colourful bath bombs we went to see the new bubble bar products. I love that some old favourites have been reformulated to brighter colours these include Rose Jam which is now one of the bubbleroons. As a massive macaroon fan anything that looks like one wins me over! 

DSC_1114
Newly formulated Karma Bubble Bar
Above is the Newly formulated Karma. If the amazing colour doesn't get you on this it includes great fragrances such as orange and patchouli and if remembered correctly the gold a the top is like a bath melt so as well as providing amazing bubbles it's also moisturising due to the cocoa butter!


DSC_1116

DSC_1119

The pink flamingo was one of our favourites. He's so cute and produces great bubbles, he's a harder texture so doesn't crumble straight into the bath, but is swirled under the tap. This is perfect for summer with a sweet fresh fragrance!

DSC_1120

We both loved the fragrance of this one, coconut and white chocolate eqsue. I couldn't resist picking one up!

DSC_1121


DSC_1128

Sunyside has also been reformulated. Look at those amazing swirls of gold bubbles!! One of our favourite things was seeing how the girls had mix the bath bombs and bubbles bars!

DSC_1131

DSC_1143

One of those mixes is above! Meet mermaid water. This is big blue with sunnyside! I want all my baths to be this pretty. I love how they don't mix but sit along side each other so you can see the golden swirls. (review of big blue here)


DSC_1122


DSC_1155

Above are Serendipity and Respect your elders. These are two beautiful new soaps. The colours are gorgeous and I love the lavender scents in serendipity especially.

DSC_1153

DSC_1151

Lush soaps are always beautiful. M has been a fan of the Honey I washed the kids for what seems like forever. It was the first product she bought in lush. She's now moved onto porridge and L couldn't resist picking up a piece of it to try this time (porridge is one that's been reformulated but still smells as good!). We both loved the new Maypole soap. It's got a minty sweet scent which reminds us of Rock from holidays as kids. 

DSC_1148

DSC_1145

DSC_1146

Other new products we got to try were the exfoliators, it's safe to say these are amazing!! After using the different products neither of us could stop touching our skin. The rub rub rub bar pictured above is almost to pretty to use with the cherry blossom on top. This has the same scent as the orginal rub rub rub but is now in a bar version. This is great as you can get either a softer or harder exfoliation depending on whether it is applied to dry or wet skin. 

Life's a beach was one of the stand out new products for me. Let's start with the packaging, it's so cute and I love the little pour application. Life's a beach is a mixture of  acutal sand (I don't know why I was so surprised by this!) and salt as well as vanilla absolute and some other ingredients. Due to this it gives such a great exfoliation (I couldn't stop stroking my arm!!) and even better than the exfoliation was the amazing smell! I love vanillary solid perfume and loved that my arm smelt like that!

DSC_1159

DSC_1156

Some more exfoliators next but this is a face mask. I've been wanting to try a coffee exfoliator for months, especially after seeing Frank's scrub all over my instagram (thanks lush for bringing one out!) I love this and need to get my hands on it at some point. It smells amazing (if you like coffee, L can't stand the smell so had to skip this one but did agree my hand felt amazing!). This would be the perfect for the mornings to help wake you up and as it's a big pot it can be used on the body too! We are both fans of Mask of Magmaminty (review here) and this reminds me of that texture wise but coffee scented.


DSC_1169

DSC_1167

There were some amazing new hand and feet products a few we will be doing reviews of soon include hand melts and pumice bars (the green foot has been replaced with a better longer lasting version!!)

Above is foot soak and fancy free, a great product to soak your feet in after a long day. It crumbles into a bowl and contains irish moss pieces so rub between your feet to help soften them as well as epsom salts to salt relieve swelling. 

Lastly I have to mention volcano. If you'd try to sell me a foot mask I'd have a run a mile, but after trying this bad boy I'm in love! It heats and cools the feet (imagine deep heat feeling) and leaves them feeling so fot (I'm imaging this was tested on my hands but I'm going back to purchase it now pay day has been!)

DSC_1173

Thanks Barbs and all the other ladies for showing us the new products. We'll be sharing them soon as we couldn't resist a few purchases and were given some treats too!

Have you checked out any of the new products yet?

Volcano and salted coconut are currently top of the wish list!

Love L and M

xxx


SHARE:
© The CSI Girls. All rights reserved.
Blogger Designs by pipdig