Monday 9 March 2015

The Balm Nude Tude Palette

Hey All
I’m a little bit late posting today but the last few weeks have been hectic. A night out on Saturday and a horrific hangover yesterday meant I’m only now feeling ok. This little beauty I couldn't help picking up on the plane on the way to Iceland. I ended up paying around £16 for it as there was a special deal for £5 off the already duty free price.
I’d heard so much about The Balm I couldn't wait to finally try some products myself. I’m still tempted by Mary Lou minizer but it’s gold appearance puts me off.
The nude tude palette comes with 12 different eyeshadows and they are just under a gram each so you get a decent amount of product.  There are a good variety of colours meaning you can use it for everyday where or to create a smokey eye. It comes with a brush and a primer. The primer I’m yet to try but I am a bit disappointed with the brush. I think quality wise I’m comparing it to the one’s you get in the urban decay palettes which is it nowhere near as good as.
The palette is in a firm cardboard coating and seems to be lasting well so far and has a large mirror so it’s perfect for the days I do my make up on the bus. It closes by a magnet which seems secure. I have the naughty version of the palette so it’s women with the eyeshadows covering parts. I love the cheekiness and the fun designs of The Balm products.
Sassy is a bright shimmery white. For me this will only ever be an inner corner shadow but for that it looks amazing.
Snobby is a soft gold shimmer. Perfect for all over the lid.
Stubborn is a slightly pink tone soft shimmer. This looks great all over the lid and comes out less pink on my skin tone than it appears in pan.
Stand-offish is one of my favourite colours in the palette. It’s a nude very shimmery colour. This looks great all over the lid.
Selfish is a shimmery taupe colour. This looks great for the out v for a light day time smokey eye.
Sultry is a warm matte brown. I love blending this through the crease but sometimes it can go too yellow when blended out.
Sophisticated is dark brown shimmer colour. I love this for in the outer V.
Seductive is a warmer  gold toned brown still with shimmer.
Sexy is a cranberry matte shade. This is one of my favourites and gets a lot of use. I love blending this through the outer edge of a defined crease to warm up a smokey eye. It blends really well.
Silly is a warm medium brown with a goldish shimmer.
Serious is a great matte black. In pan is has some gold glitter.
Sleek is a dark warm matte brown.
I found all the shadows really easy to work with and blend well. I always use a primer for my eyes but have show swatches with and without. The lighter colours haven’t shown up aswell without but do still on the eye better. Overall I’ve been really impressed with the quality of the products and they last all day.
Here’s some looks I’ve created using the palette. I love that you can make warm brown looks but there are colours for cooler looks too.
Here I have seductive all over the lid and silly blended through the outer V. I also have used sultry to define the cream prior to using seductive.
Here I have sexy and serious blended through the crease.

Have you use any of The Balm products?
Love M
xxx


SHARE:
© The CSI Girls. All rights reserved.
Blogger Designs by pipdig