Wednesday 11 March 2015

MAC White Frost Eyeshadow


Good morning!

I've been adding to my MAC palette for a little while now, to be honest I sometimes forget about it and other purchases take over so filling it with new eyeshadows hasn't been a priority. But using up some of my favourite shades in other palettes has meant I've needed to replace them so I've been searching high and low to find a replacement for Urban Decay's Venus.

I bought Brule (post here) but it didn't have the shimmer factor nor was it light enough on my porcelain skin to show up as a highlighter (seen top row, 2nd along) so I have now added White Frost to the mix, seen top row centre.

013

001

White Frost is described as a vivid white with an icy shimmer. It is definitely the whitest eye shadow I have ever bought and I am therefore hoping by default that it cannot be lighter than my own skin which seems to be very good at being so ghostly pale.

002

004

So I picked up the pan to fit straight into my palette and got to work. You can see in the photo below that it is definitely an icy shimmer finish.

005

007

These photos show a comparison between White Frost (left) and Venus (right). In terms of finish they match pretty well and the level of shimmer and coverage is the same, however the tone is slightly different with Venus being a bit more of a champagne gold.

It seems I am yet to find a complete match for Venus but this White Frost shadow cannot be discounted as of yet:

008

011

Applied to the lid it works well as a general base and then i apply it more heavily to the inner corner of the eye for a highlighter.

Untitled

Untitled

I like it because although it wasn't the softer shade I was looking for it doesn't seem to look too white and shocking either, which is great! For once my skin has been 'out-whited' if that can even be a term but it still doesn't look too weird. Win!

Have you tried many MAC eyeshadows? What would be your must haves?

I need to buy another insert so that I can have colours one side and nudes the other, there are so many shades I'd love to add and I definitely need some more matte shades!



L xxx



SHARE:
© The CSI Girls. All rights reserved.
Blogger Designs by pipdig