Saturday 4 October 2014

Rimmel Brow This Way Styling Gel


Hey there!

Everyone loves a dupe, and I have been looking for some time for a dupe for Benefit's Gimme Brow. I will put my hands up and tell you that when Gimme Brow came out I wasn't sure....I wasn't convinced it would be any good, that it would last, that it would look any good or that it would be easy to use. I was very wrong and I will admit that!

However the £17 price tag does make me a bit squeamish...it just sounds a bit much. So I've been looking for a product that's as similar as possible....cue Rimmel's Brow This Way.

090

091

Brow This Way comes in four different colours, I picked Dark Brown due to my near-black eyebrows but there is also blonde, mid brown and clear available in the range. I think the colour range is great, the colours cover the biggest range of hair colour and is obviously better than the Benefit range which has only two colours.

092

The packaging is pretty simple but quite chunky, I'm not sure which I prefer out of the two of them to be honest, though it is easier to find the Rimmel product in my make up bag with it being a bit bigger! Gimme Brow feels a lot more dainty and is great for downsizing as it's a staple on my face and comes everywhere with me. So ultimately they are a tie on packaging.

What about the main deal, the brush:

094

Like the packaging the brush in the Rimmel product is also bigger, it's a lot more like a mascara brush. Gimme Brow has a tiny brush that perfectly shapes and brushes through brow hairs and fills in gaps.
Rimmel does exactly the same but the brush has its negatives with the size. It does comb through really easily and dispenses product evenly but it takes a few goes to get the knack of using a larger brush. The end of the brush holds a lot of product and I seem to knock it onto my face every know and then which is quite annoying! However, once you've used it a few times and got the technique down, here's the results:

Untitled

Untitled

They're natural, even and not too defined as I like my brows to look realistic. Working with men and in a not so glamorous occupation I tend not to wear anything that stands out too much so for me natural is 100% key.

I'd say Rimmel's Brow This Way is a contender for the crown for dupe of Gimme Brow, it gives a similar result and lasts just as long. The only issue I can see is the size of the brush, it does take a bit of getting used to, however with the Rimmel coming in at £3.99 and very often involved in a 3 for 2 deal, and the Benefit costing £17.50 it is definitely worth persevering with.


Have you tried Brow This Way? Have you seen any other brow products that could be dupes?



L xxx



SHARE:
© The CSI Girls. All rights reserved.
Blogger Designs by pipdig