Sunday 30 March 2014

Naked: Fake It*


Hi there!

I've had a whirlwind of a Sunday today with a quick trip to Swindon's McArthur Glen Designer Outlet with my mum, 2 aunties, 1 cousin and my nan, a proper Mother's Day out shopping!
I've actually had a nap on the way home because it was that exhausting, leaving at 9am almost killed me off and shopping til we drop is certainly a motto in my family!

For the last few weeks I've been testing out the Naked: Fake It range.

035

The Naked: Fake It Glow It Up Self Tan Lotion* is silicone free and contains a 100% natural self tanning agent. It's enriched with cocoa and shea butter and contains so many wonderful smells that the elusive biscuit smell from normal tans is a thing of the past (I'm talking pink grapefruit, zesty bergamot, orchid, amber AND vanilla extracts).

045


You apply this like a normal tan; apply to clean skin and wait 10/15 mins to dry thoroughly and it will develop over the next four hours.

You can see my arm below after 1 application:

IMG_4955

IMG_5062


There isn't a huge colour change but I can tel you that my skin looked a lot healthier and I definitely had a 'glow'. The lotion is white in colour which did initially worry me as it can be hard to make sure it's all rubbed in properly but I didn't have any streaks at all.

046

The moisturising properties of this self tan lotion left my skin feeling more hydrated than any other tan I've ever used and feels more like a tanning moisturiser like Dove or Johnsons but with less of a biscuity smell. I honestly didn't detect any whiff of that tan smell which is very refreshing.

047

As usual with Naked products this is produced with naturally derived ingredients and no sulphates, parabens or petrochemicals which is something that me and M are both big fans of.



The Naked Fake It range just wouldn't be the same without the Dust Me Mineral Shimmer Powder*:

037

038

It's a really sturdy little pot with a twist mechanism to allow product to be used. This ensures it isn't going to go everywhere (I have white bedding and hate it when things like this explode!) I've dabbed this straight onto my cheekbones and dusted it onto my collar bones and decolletage for an extra bit of shimmer.

039

The photos below show the product swiped onto my hand with and without flash:

040

041

The photos below show it blended in with and without flash:

043

044

This is a gorgeous gold toned shimmer powder that will be lovely to use on holiday, and if you've got yourself a gorgeous deep tan also on a Saturday night.
My hand doesn't really do it justice as unfortunately tan never sticks as I'm constantly washing my hands in the lab, but it's so finely milled that a little goes a long way and it definitely doesn't leave you looking like a disco ball. It's also fragrance free which is a huge positive for me as I can't stand those 'powdered' fragrances.


You can pick up the Self Tan Lotion for £9.99 and the Mineral Shimmer Powder for £6.99....or if you're super savvy they come in a Gotta Glow Gift set priced at £14 for the two together which is even better!

What do you think of the Naked range? Do you think it's a great idea they've branched out into self tan?
Will you trying these products out?

I think at £9.99 for the self tan it's a really good price for how moisturising it is on your skin, and no fake tan smell!


L xxx



SHARE:
© The CSI Girls. All rights reserved.
Blogger Designs by pipdig