Saturday 15 March 2014

FOTD: Everyday Face


Morning lovelies!

I'm not sure if I've ever done a FOTD before so I thought it was about time I did. I LOVE painting my face on every morning so I thought I'd go through my usual products on my face on a daily basis.

039

Starting with my base:

I've recently been using a new product for my foundation as I picked up MAC's Mineralize Satin Finish about two months ago. It's not as heavy coverage as some of the other MAC foundations I've tried, particularly Studio Fix, so I tend to wear it now my skin is a lot better than before.

003

I apply this using a Real Techniques buffing brush. Sometimes I wear primer and others I don't, if I do wear it at the moment I've been using the relatively new Bourjois Happy primer for oily/combo skin. On reflection I should have bought the other version for drier skin now that my skin doesn't seem as oily but maybe over the summer it will be!

Next I applied Benefit's Erase Paste to my undereyes, I cannot rave enough about this beauty and I'm sure on the dreaded day it runs out i will be repurchasing! It's so creamy and brightening that you just cannot love it, and the number 1 shade is perfect for my skin tone. It blends easily and brightens so quickly! 

011

After that it's brows and cheeks.

I've been using the fabulous HD Brows kit in Foxy ever since receiving it in the Latest in Beauty Glamour Edit box before Christmas. I can 100% recommend picking up the HD Brows kit and also the Latest in Beauty boxes as they are full of treats and new things for you to play with, I've found some definite new favorites including the brow kit. 

018

As for cheek products I've got on the Bourjois 'chocolate' bronzer to define my face and Benefit's Coralista. I love the two combined as they suit my skin tone and give me enough of colour for a day at work (being in a lab doesn't call for make up really....).
Coralista is my ultimate favourite blusher, coral coloured and a slight golden shimmer.

027

As for eyes I've got my uber fave Urban Decay Theodora palette on. It's perfect for every day wear regardless of what you're doing and I absolutely love it. It's such a shame it was only a limited edition palette as once it's gone I don't know what I'll do!

I use three colours from it mainly; Broken, Bewitch and West. For me they create the perfect blend of neutrals and browns for day wear on any occasion. 

034

As for lashes I'm currently wearing Soap and Glory's Thick and Fast after having it in so many Christmas sets. I quite like it and its a good general mascara for every day use; separates and coats each lash and doesn't spread down my face after a few hours.

039

Lastly on the lips I have MAC's Crosswires, its a gorgeous Creme sheen lipstick that's the understated sister of Vegas Volt. I actually don't wear lipstick to work as I feel like it would be too much but I couldn't resist!
I'd wear this face to most day occasions including work and shopping trips.

What are your face basics? Do you like my FOTD? Is it something that you would wear too?


L xxx


SHARE:
© The CSI Girls. All rights reserved.
Blogger Designs by pipdig