Friday 21 February 2014

NOTD: Essie Luxeffects


Good morning!

I'm sure you probably saw these beauties a long while ago but I couldn't resist posting now that I've had a proper chance to use them.
Essie are one of my favorite brands for nail polish and I'm sure I'll continue buying them for a long time to come, especially with their limited edition sets and individual polishes that get the 'blogger hype' thing going on!

The following polishes are from the Luxeffects set that was brought out before Christmas. I am a huge fan of the light pink glitter polish and have posted and mentioned my very first one which was China Glaze's Dolls House many times. As it was running low and this one was brand new I snapped this up instead, along with a double whammy of a set with the silver glitter and midnight blue colour inside.


086

087

078

This set is called Twinkle Twinkle Little Star and it is easy to see why. With a silver that's so sparkly and bright it's almost white and a dark inky blue you can create your own magical night sky on your finger tips.

079

080

081

Bobbing for Baubles and Set in Stones can be used separately and together to create a myriad of looks, but I think how they've put these two together is the simplest look.


001002

I love how deep and inky the colour is, it's so dark and mysterious and looks great are short chic nails.

Set in Stones can be applied on top of one nail for an accent nail or on every nail as below for a subtle bit of sparkle. I believe this was 2 coats of glitter, though I wouldn't be surprised if afterwards I added a whole lot more, you've got to love the glitter!


006

When I picked these up the pink glitter, A Cut Above, was also available in a duo set with Fiji. As I already have Fiji I just picked up the glitter polish on its own but otherwise I would have snapped it up as Fiji is one of my favourite all round polishes.

084

In light of the set that was available I decided to paint my nails using Fiji and applied A Cut Above on top of it in the same was as I used the other set.

Untitled

Untitled

I love Fiji for an every day nail and with this applied its a lovely girly change for me, especially for day time and in work. I had lots of compliments on how girly it was for me (!) and its great for a Saturday night too.

Untitled

There are plenty of polishes in the Luxeffects range, 6 in total including a gorgeous multicoloured polish and more metallics. They're still available on their website and in most boots stores if you wanted to pick them up. They're not just a Christmas party product they're very much a Saturday night and a long summer holiday product too!

Did you try any of the Luxeffects? Which was your favourite?


L xxx


SHARE:
© The CSI Girls. All rights reserved.
Blogger Designs by pipdig