Sunday 14 July 2013

Review: HD Brows Foundation Powder


Good sunny Sunday to you all!

I can't believe how nice the weather still is, fingers crossed it will last a bit longer!

We're back with a joint review for you today. We were very kindly sent HD Brows new Foundation Powder to trial a few weeks ago and we can't wait to tell you all about it. It's a pressed mineral powder compact that claims to create a flawless finish.

019

As you probably know by now, luckily we are the same colour in foundation so took a gamble looking at the colours online and chose Number 2. There are 6 shades in total, numbered 1, 2, 3, 5, 7 and 9, which as you can tell is a little confusing!
I would assume they plan to fill out the numbers by producing colours in between i.e. 4, 6, and 8 but who knows. It's quite easy to see online the colour changes between the shades and so we were quite confident when choosing our foundation shade.

(The website can be found here)

They say:
A foundation and a concealer in one can be used for light, natural or full coverage, the smooth formula blends seamlessly, absorbing excess oils to create a flawless finish.

HD Brows Powder Foundation Review
So what did we think?!

I am a completely sucker for simple packaging, and this ticks all the boxes for me.
Plain black cardboard box for the outer packaging with clear logo and info stamped on the back, plus a super simple black plastic compact containing the products.

HD Brows Powder Foundation Review

I love that when the compact comes out of the box, you have to not only peel a plastic layer off to get to the actual compact covering, but there is also a sheet of tissue paper to protect the HD Brows logo, which makes it feel that much more luxurious and special.
I felt like I was unwrapping a watch or very expensive electrical gadget that i should keep the plastic on for as long as possible!


HD Brows Powder Foundation Review

I think I can speak for both of us when I say that we absolutely loved the design. I've never seen anything else like it and its so funky and easy to use.
The compact opens up to show a square shaped mirror in the lid and a clear plastic tray housing the make up sponge. You need to lift out the sponge and flip the plastic bit to the side to reach the powder itself, which is snazzy, compact and so simple.

HD Brows Powder Foundation Review


HD Brows Powder Foundation Review

The powder itself is very fine and a little goes a long way. The sponge is great for layering on the powder on areas that need more coverage and for touch ups throughout the day, i.e. the dreaded oil slick starting to appear on your T-zone from lunch time onwards.

I also use my Real Techniques powder brush to apply a thinner layer in the morning for setting purposes and it's worked great at creating a flawless base and lasted me until the afternoon before I need to apply any more.

My only bug bear about it at all is the name.....HD Brows Foundation? I think it's great they've branched out into other products from their super amazing brow kit that everyone raves about and can't get enough of (I haven't been lucky enough to try it myself yet!), but i can't help but think HD Foundation might have been better to stick with the whole HD theme. But that is of course my 2 cents on something that I have no idea about and maybe they couldn't rename it!

You can find the Foundation Powder on the link above, and it retails for £21.95.
Will you be giving the HD Brows Pressed Mineral Powder a go?

L xxx

HD Brows Powder Foundation Review

As L said the packaging is amazing. The little plastic bit that hold the sponge is great. I find where the powder is so fine milled the lightest touch with a brush will pick the product up. If I'm too heavy handed the powder doesn't go anywhere as the plastic casing holds it. I like that there is something to keep the sponge off the powder too. It's a great handbag powder.

Due to the warm weather I'm loving either layering this over tinted moisturiser or even just on it's own. Where it's a powder foundation it can be used to set make up and give extra coverage. It works really well over tinted moisturiser and has been lasting impressively in this heat wave we've been enjoying.

For anyone who's a fan of powdered foundation this is definitely one to put on your list. It's got great lasting power, provides light coverage and helps to control oil.

The colours online do make it hard to pick but the swatches do look pretty accurate. I think it's always hard to pick colours online but our guess paid off well and the colour of shade 2 is great and would work on pink or yellow skin tones.

I will be trying more products from HD Brows and do want to try the ever popular brows powder as if it's similar texture to the face powder I can see it being great.

Hope you're all enjoying some time in the sun!

Love M

xxx

You can pick up the HD brows line from HDbrows.com



SHARE:
© The CSI Girls. All rights reserved.
Blogger Designs by pipdig