Tuesday 12 February 2013

Review: Real Techniques Setting Brush

For Christmas I asked for quite a few of the Real Techniques brushes. As they were on 3 for 2 I found 5 I wanted and couldn't decide on the 6th to make the most of the deal. I saw the setting brush and thought I'd try it.


The setting brush has a pink handle as it's classed as one of the finishing brushes. I love that Real Techniques brushes are colour coded. As this is one of the smaller brushes it doesn't stand on it's own as well as the others.


As with all of the Real Techniques brushes I've tried so far this brush is super soft. It washes amazingly and feels as soft after and it doesn't shed hairs. There is nothing more annoying than finishing your make up and being left with black bristles on your face. The brush is 100% cruetly free. Another big plus for Real Techniques, nobody wants animals to suffer! The synthetic bristles are hand cut. The tips are white and super soft, similar to the foundation brushes.


Here it is next to the stipling brush for size comparison. This brush can be used for a variety of different things. It's the perfect size for blending highlighter or using with powdered highlighters. I use it for setting my concealer.


I know this may seem like a pointless brush when you have a powder brush but my under eyes stay perfect all day when I use this. I use this to set my erase paste ( review here). This allows the powder to be applied so finely and perfectly sets my concealer. It leaves my make up looking so much more flawless. 

This was a brush I never thought I'd need but now couldn't be without. Do you have brushes like this? Would you ever think to use a smaller brush for your powder? I certainly didn't.

I really love all the Real Techniques brushes. They are such good quality and can be found in most Boots stores regularly on offer. The setting brush can be picked up for £8.99.

Love M
 xxx


SHARE:
© The CSI Girls. All rights reserved.
Blogger Designs by pipdig