Monday 11 February 2013

Review: Liz Earle Natural Glow Bronzer

This product has been on my wishlist for a while. I'd heard it was great for paler skin tones and from what I could see online gave a gorgeous natural effect. This was something my other half got me for Christmas. From L giving him a list.


It did come boxed but I was a bad blogger and used it before I photographed it. I like items that come boxed. It feels more luxurious. Though a waste as the box just goes in the bin.


The compact itself is navy with a slight shimmer. It's wipe clean and has stayed looking surprisingly clean. Even after I've got my mucky foundation covered hands on it. It's got a solid closure which is good for putting in your handbag and a good size mirror.


It has Liz Earle embossed into the product and as you can tell I've used quite a bit of mine. For around 6 weeks usage to be only down to the embossed layer is good in my book. The product is a gorgeous matte product. It's not super pigmented but this is why I love it. As if you are like me and pale it can easily be applied to the skin and built up if needed and you don't have to worry about having brown stripes.


Swatched on the skin it does look slightly orange but when on the face this doesn't translate. A word of warning don't be put off if you swatch in store and it doesn't really show up on your skin as this product comes across on the face a lot better. I'd recommend asking to have it applied.


Here it is on just foundation. As you can see it just gives my face natural shape back after foundation and makes me look like I have cheekbones.


This photo shows it's contouring off better. I have used this almost everyday since I got it in combination with Benefit Dandelion (reviewed here). For me these two are the perfect cheek combination. They are easy to apply without having to worry about over doing it.

You can pick it up for £19.50 in John Lewis (here) which I think is reasonable. It will last a long time. Lately I find myself swaying towards more high end brands. Which is probably what has put me on a spending ban. A great alternative for a contour shade is No7 blush in honey. I used it on a FOTD here so you can see the effect. This was my everyday go to before the Liz Earle.

Have you tried the Liz Earle make up? What do you use to contour?

Love M

xxx

SHARE:
© The CSI Girls. All rights reserved.
Blogger Designs by pipdig