Saturday 12 January 2013

Urban Decay Naked Basics Matte Eyeshadow Palette

As you've probably seen this beautiful palette from Urban Decay on many blogs recently, I won't go into detail tooooooo much about it.
However if you're interested it's the latest offering from Urban Decay in their Naked range and consists of 6 beautiful matte nude shades, which I assume is the reason for the 'Basics' name.

Urban Decay Naked Basics



Urban Decay Naked Basics

As you can see the palette itself is a sturdy plastic material with the name embossed on the front.
Because of this it's a lot more hard wearing than the original Naked palette with it's velvet cover, and less likely to dent as the Naked 2 palette.

The colours and names can be seen below:

Urban Decay Naked Basics

Urban Decay Naked Basics

And here they are in all of their glory!

Urban Decay Naked Basics

Urban Decay Naked Basics



As soon as I saw this advertised I knew i had to have it.
However much I love the original Naked palette it does not contain many matte shades, and for £20 (or £18 as I paid for it when Debenhams had their money off before Christmas) I think this is a bargain.

It works out at £3.33 per eyeshadow and all are wearable.

There are minimal looks and variations that can be created with such a simple palette, but a few can still arise and my personal favourite is to wash 'Walk of Shame' over my lids with Venus at the corner of my eyes.
Then I applied Naked 2 to the outside of the lids and Faint in the crease. Then I lined them with Crave winging out a little longer at the ends as I love that look!

(p.s. these are pre mascara, i was a little eager!)

Make Up

Make Up

I think this palette is an absolute bargain especially as the eyeshadows are quite pigmented and all compliment each other.
I don't get on with Foxy though as it's a little too yellow for my liking and doesn't suit my skin but each to their own.

For every day looks this palette is ideal and cant be taken in any bag due its sturdiness, though with this one you will need a separate brush.

What do you think of the palette? Love or hate matte eyeshadows?

L xxx
SHARE:
© The CSI Girls. All rights reserved.
Blogger Designs by pipdig