Thursday 31 January 2013

Review: Mac's Viva Glam Nicki Minaj Lipstick


Before Christmas I was a little naughty and picked up a new Mac Lipstick.
In my mind, as it was the Nicki Minaj one it was for charity and therefore didn't count...obviously!


M was with me at the time and you can ask anyone, I went a little wild.
It was the same time i picked up the Naked Basics palette, Mac's MSF in soft and gentle and also 3 for 2 on premium beauty in Boots (Coralista, Dior foundation and Origins moisturiser) oops!

After I'd swatched it on my hand in the shop I knew I had to have it.
On top of that my Mac lipstick collection was missing one of the Viva Glam black and pink lipstick casings, so I just had to snap it up.

I love that they've kept the box exactly the same apart from 'Nicki Minaj' scrawled over it in pink!



Again, who can resist the pink and black combo??

Viva Glam Nicki is a bright pink satin lipstick, and the first satin one from Mac in my collection as well.



It's a gorgeous bright pink, but unfortunately really hard to photograph!

Here it is swatched on my hand:


And here are some photos of it on my lips:



It's a gorgeous colour, but for me and my peeling lips it's a little hard work!
I find that it's very drying because its a Satin which i haven't had that much of a problem with before.
However a few goes with Lush's bubblegum scrub and lashings of lip balm for a while before it seems to work fine and the result is worth it!



I love wearing this when I meet the girls for a drink and especially on a Saturday night!

What's your favourite Mac lipstick? Which other Viva Glams would you recommend??

L xxx



SHARE:
© The CSI Girls. All rights reserved.
Blogger Designs by pipdig