Tuesday 2 October 2012

Hair Tutorial : Bun Ring

A bit of a different post today. I have recently discovered my shoulder length hair is now long enough to go in a bun ring! This was a very happy day. I love bun rings, the hair looks really chic and it means my hair can literally be done in 2 mins. I thought I'd share how I do it. I find this style works best on non straightened or day old hair.


This is what you need. A normal bun ring (mine still isn't long enough for big ones.) Kirby grips, a normal hair bamd, hair brush and the little plastic bands. Like snag free ones, you can get them from Claire's Accessories and they are sort of like elastic bands.


Next put it up in a pony tail with the normal band. Here you can see my hair is quite short and fine.


Then place your bun ring over the pony tail and tilt your head forward.


When your head is titled forward spread the hair around the bun ring so that it feels like most of it is covered. Use one of the snag free bands and place over the bun ring (I love these as they stretch enough to only need to go round once and hold the hair perfectly).


Then gently pull your bun ring outwards a bit so the band gets fully underneath and the excess hair starts to go under the bun.


Usually with a bit of a gently pull on my bun ring all the excess hair gets tucked under. Any strands that are still out I just wrap around and secure with grips. I then add two grips either side to keep it held down.


I like to add a bow or flower to mine for decoration. This one is from Dainty Roses, this is the small size and is £3.50 I love them for adding a bit of sparkle.

Then finally I apply hairspray to get rid of all the fly aways. It's such a quick and easy hair style once you get the hang of it. I use it so much now. It's great for days when your hair is bugging you and you just want it out of your face. 

Are you a bun ring fan? If you have longer hair Claire's Accessories have larger bun rings for £5 and online company Sleep Rollers do the really big ones for £15.

Love M

xxx


SHARE:
© The CSI Girls. All rights reserved.
Blogger Designs by pipdig