Tuesday 16 October 2012

FOTD Smokey Day Eye Mila Kunis Inpisired

After watching a few Mila Kunis films in recent weeks I've round myself leaving my beloved heaven and earth palette behind except for the shade I use on my brows. Mila works the smokey eye beautifully and her eyes always look stunning. Who wouldn't want stand out eyes like hers.

From google images

Here she is at the Ted premier (A film I loved) looking stunning. She has a really defined smokey eye with a hint of brown here and well defined cheeks and a nude lip. She works the nude lip and smokey eye combo well.

from google images
Amazing brows, a perfect black liner, well defined crease, volumised lashes, contoured cheeks and a nude lip! What's not to love about his look. It also looks to me like she has the Kim K contour make up on with the lighter under eye.

Enough of my girl crush and onto how I'm wearing my make up a lot at the moment. I know some may think this look is a bit much for every day but I love a strong eye look and it doesn't take me long to do.


So here is what I used. Wow that looks a lot doesn't it.  


To create the smokey eye I use the black from this beauty work palette. It's a little bit glittery in the pan but that doesn't show on the eye. I blend this into the crease of my eye after applying one of the nudes from my MUA palette. I apply the black in a v shape at the corner of my eye. 


I then line my eyes very close to the lash line using an Avon Colour Trend eyeliner. These are great and very black and cheap. Lately I curl my eyelashes. I blast them for a few seconds with the hair dryer so they are hot first. 


For mascara I'm using two Bourjois ones. The Volume max waterproof and the two step one. I like to use the two step one of the 1st step so my lashes get gently separated than apply two coats of my volume max one. I'm really liking this mascara which surprises me as I'm not usually a Waterproof mascara fan.


After eyes I do foundation. I do it after my eye make up so that any fall out from eye shadow can be easily cleaned up. I've been using this Collection primer at the moment but it's not one I'd repurchase. I have others I prefer. This feels to full of silicone for me. The Fix Me Up spray I love. I spritz it on after I've done my make up. I'm not sure it makes my make up last longer but it makes it look less cakey. 



Foundation wise I'm loving my Revlon Colorstay. I think this could be my perfect foundation. I love the finish on it, the lasting power and how it applies. I mix a small amount of wake me up in to add 'glow'. I'm using up my Collection concealer. I know it's a blogger favourite but lately I've been preferring others.



To do my cheeks I use three products. No7 blush in honey under my cheek bone (any pale girls this is the perfect under cheek day contour shade) My lace blush by 3 palette. I favour the orange and the red, when I bought this I though the middle shade would be my most used but I actually prefer the others. They are super pigmented and only needed the smallest touch.


I like the then add a sweep of MSF using my Mac brush over my cheek bone.


For lips I'm finding lately a nude shade just isn't suiting me aswell as bronze. For this look usually I would use Mac Fanfare (reviewed here) but as I had borrowed L's beautiful Russian Red lipstick I decided to take full advantage and use that. For a day time look so it was more subtle I applied it over lip balm


It gives it more of a soft red look.


And the finished look. Wow that was a long post. Who kept reading ;). I really like the smokey look even for days and find myself wearing it a lot varying the blush and lipstick I use. What do you think of a day smokey look. This make up probably only takes me 20 minutes to do this now.

Love M
xxx




SHARE:
© The CSI Girls. All rights reserved.
Blogger Designs by pipdig