Saturday 2 June 2012

NOTD: Revlon Watermelon Fizz

If you haven't been following us on twitter or just haven't noticed our tweets, I am currently studying in an America Uni doing a 6 week module. It was really last minute so hardly had any time to prepare!
I've only been here a few days and am still settling in but so far I'm having an amazing time and eating lots of food ha!

So my posts may be a little irregular and I'm thanking the lord for WiFi and scheduling posts as although I love to write them, it's proving a little complicated when you're not at home and there's a 5 hour time difference.
So there may be a little change up in the normal posting, I hope you don't mind :)

I may put up some pictures of where I'm staying and what I'm doing if you would like to see them? Let me know :)

As for this post, I am about to show you my new favourite nail polish!

I haven't got an polishes from Revlon so this was the first one for my collection:


It's called Watermelon Fizz, and its a red jelly type nail polish with lots of glitter and when it dries it smells of WATERMELON! How amazing!


I did think at the beginning as we walked over to the stand that it was a little gimmicky, but when I tested it on my nail I thought that even if the smell doesn't work the colour and formula were gorgeous!


Just have to remember not to try and smell them whilst they're still wet as you'll get a whiff of chemicals instead haha.
I never know whether things like this are cool or not, it's not as if smelling your nails is generally a good thing to do is it?!
Ha, nobody wants to be caught sniffing their own fingers but I suppose having them smell of watermelon is better than the usual smell of nail polish.


Another bonus of the Revlon polishes is that they are formaldehyde and toluene free, always welcome in the CSI world!


As for how it comes out, just take a look for yourself!

It's an absolutely beautiful cherry red colour with a subtle amount of glitter in.
The amount makes them look super shiny rather than glittery and tacky and I am absolutely completely in love with it!


The best part was it only needed 2 coats, 1 coat was a thick jelly type layer that looked nice by itself as a thinner layer, but I prefer how it looks with the full 2 coats and gives a more vibrant effect.


I totally went overboard on taking these photos...I couldn't stop!


No matter how many I took, the photos just don't seem to do the colour justice and as it was my first Revlon purchase I think I got a bit over excited.


As you can see in the photos, the bottles are a very decent size for around $6, and the brush inside the bottle was definitely decent enough for me to use and gave an even finish quite easily.


Have you seen these at your local Revlon counter??

I bought mine in Superdrug using the latest 3 for 2 offer and was so impressed with the formula and colour that I'm tempted to go back for more when the next deal is out!
I love it so much it even came with me to America, and I only brought 4 different colour to be really strict!

What do you think of the colour? Would you like to see some photos of my American University trip? Or what I packed in my suitcase, make up or clothing?

Let me know :)

L xxx

SHARE:
© The CSI Girls. All rights reserved.
Blogger Designs by pipdig