Monday 18 June 2012

Lipstick Mondays Maybelline Color Sensational Pop Stick in Cherry Pop

Monday again so another of my vastly growing lipstick collection to show you, I just can't stop buying lip products lately. But as I'm sure you all know by now L is in America and has told me to stop buying as everything is lots cheaper over there and I'm heading there at the end of sept. So I'm now on a spending ban. (I'm sure it won't last, such a shopping addict)

Today's was a purchased when I picked up last weeks 10 hour lip tint as it was 3 for 2 on Maybelline in boots. Who can resist that. Due to being absolutely won over by the tint gloss (I literally wear it every day) this has taken a bit of a back seat but I do still really like it.

 

Apologies for the group shot to show the packaging here. I love the packaging, it's clean and simple and I like the the sheer cover reflects the fact the pop sticks are a sheer was of colour.


As you can see from the bullet it's see through. It just adds a subtle hint of colour with a splash of moisture and a gorgeous cherry smell (if you aren't a fan of smells this won't be for you) 


I spent a while swatching the different shades in store and found this had the best colour pay off.


As you can see it comes out orange in the swatch and is very sheer. If you are after a full lipstick these aren't for you. They offer a subtle natural shade that is very wearable. I love how the shade just makes your natural lip colour look better. It does require a couple coats to build up to a reddy orange shade but when on the lip it's a great way to wear a subtle red colour for every day.



As you can see from the before and after photos it's just a sheer wash of colour. I really like the shade it gives, the smell and the feeling of not wearing a lipstick so you don't have to worry about un even wear off. Lasting power isn't great but it's more like a tinted lip conditioner. Also it's harder than a lipstick in the bullet so will last ages, but it just melts onto the lip.

One last thing to note, is definietly use a mirror. I learnt this the hard way and ending up looking like a messy child who had just eaten tomato soup, orange stains around the lips aren't good.

Have you tried any of the pop sticks? It's £7.19 in boots and still on 3 for 2. I think I need to try more shades. There is one very similar to the topshop one I'm eyeing up. What do you think of these more sheer lip shades??

Love M

xxx




I recently dyed my hair from blonde to red, what do you think? I thinking of going a bit brighter.
SHARE:
© The CSI Girls. All rights reserved.
Blogger Designs by pipdig