Monday 2 April 2012

Hair Extensions

I've wanted hair extensions for ages. I've always had short hair that doesn't grow past my shoulders. It seems to get to that point and stop no matter what I try.

I wanted to wait a few weeks before writing this post so I'd had the extensions for a few weeks so I had got used to them.

Have any of you got extensions? I've had clip ins before but permanent ones are a whole different ball game. I had mine done by the lovely Shaneen from Avalon Hair and Beauty she also does hair cuts and spray tans if you are in the South Wales area I'd really recommend her.


This is my natural hair before extensions, I have fine hair that is naturally curly, not the easiest to apply extensions too! The extensions I had were the nano micro rings, the hair is applied to the hair by rings clamping down so it's much better than the glue and healthier to remove.

quick after photo!
After they have been applied they were cut to the desired length. After 2 weeks me and Shaneen decided it needed a few more strands added to thicken it up, my hair is pretty awkward as it's thin you can put to much hair towards the top half as it shows and no one wants that. 

I absolutely love it now, the hair is applied to you hair in way which means you can wear your hair up without the bonds showing, I backcomb the top of my hair slightly to hide the bonds more.

Photo of the bonds

They do take a lot more time than I'm used to styling them and drying them but the way they look is so worth it, I'm so pleased with them and love having long hair. It's also not recommended to wash them to often, I tend to do mine twice a week, if I'm lazy once. I know it sounds disgusting but I was the t section of my hair without extensions when it looks dirty and honestly the extensions don't look dirty.

Now for some photos of how I wear mine.


Fishtail plait, I'm really liking having long enough hair to do this, I tend to wear it a little messier, this was just done as a practice before bed. (it's best to plait extensions before bed so they don't tangle)
Straight with my cute dainty rose hair bow featured here   

I think I like it like this most, loose waves! Sorry for the posey photo!
What do you think of extensions? I love mine

Love M

xxx
SHARE:
© The CSI Girls. All rights reserved.
Blogger Designs by pipdig