Saturday 18 February 2012

Review: 17 Miracle Matte Foundation

I am always looking for the 'one' when I go shopping...... 

That one foundation that answers all of my prayers!

When I saw the new 17 Miracle Matte Foundation, I thought my life's search was complete!

Ticking them off my check list: it's oil free, has SPF 15 and claims to create a Matte Satin flawless finish with ALL DAY SHINE CONTROL!

This in my book sounded like I was onto a real winner, particularly as it had money off and was part of the 3 for 2 deal on at the time.

After swatching some to find the best colour, I eventually chose 'Fair', picked up the matte effect bottle with a super bright pink lid that looks like this:



I managed to contain myself and waited until I got home to test it out properly....and I was GUTTED!!!

Every combination of moisturiser, no moisturiser, different moisturiser, primer, no primer etc resulted in this horrendous cakey mess that lumped together on my face and when it dried, peeled off like kids PVA glue!

I was, as you can imagine, heart broken and completely depressed that my possible knight in shining armour had done the dirty on me and been completely rubbish.


The worst part for me was the amount of reviews I've read that give it such a high rating, why does it work for them and not for me?!

I'm going to persevere and try and find out why this has such a bad reaction on my face because the benefits of having this foundation work for me are too great!

Having oily skin I'm a lover of oil free products, particularly those that contain SPF 15 and claim to last the day.

Have you tried this foundation? What did you think of it? Any tips for being able to wear it?

L xxx


SHARE:
© The CSI Girls. All rights reserved.
Blogger Designs by pipdig