Tuesday 31 January 2012

Lush Skin Care

Today I thought I'd do my skincare routine. I have a very oily t-zone so until recently haven't been taking proper care of my skin, I never used to use moisturiser as I didn't see the point in adding more oil to my already greasy skin.

After a visit to lush one day (I'm a proper lush addict and have been for years, the smell never put me off I always loved baths) I decided to try out there skin care products. I've been using the masks for a while so decided to give a cleanser, toner and moisturise a go. Since trying them I've not looked back.


The cleanser I love is called herbalism, it's a solid green cleanser that gently exfoliates, removes grease and calms the skin. To use it you break of a small amount mix with a bit of water then apply to the skin and gently wash off with water. I find a pot lasts around a month which for £5.95 a month seems reasonable for me.

My toner of choice is breath of fresh air, I've tried the tea tree one but found this one wasn't as good for me. It's not the one suggested for oily skin but I found it feels better than tea tree and prevents my skin becoming greasy quicker. I use it morning and night and find the big bottle lasts a few months at least, a few sprays over my face after cleansing. I love that it's a spray bottle and can be sprayed directly on the face. The 250g retails for £7.00

The latest lush product to my collection was one bought for me that I wouldn't have thought to try. I had to go into lush and ask how to use it as it wasn't one I'd seen before. It's ocean salt, I use this twice a week as a deep cleanser. This is quite an exfoliating cleanser that contains sea salt, limes and grapefruit for a good deep clean, it also contains avocado butter so it cleanses skin, tightens and moisturises. I love this when my skin feels dirty or after a night out.

For face masks I vary between two depending on how my skin is at the time. I love how these are cool when applied to the face and are a clay mask type face mask. They always leave my skin feeling amazing. I tend to get about 4 applications from a pot which is perfect as the face masks usually only last a month as they contain fresh products. The two I love are cupcake and catastrophe cosmetic.  
Cupcake is face mask containing, cocoa butter, cocoa powder and vanilla to name a few products and as you can imagine smells amazing! This is one designed for teenage skin but I'm 22 and still find it one of the best for me.
Catastrophe cosmetic is a mask containing blueberries, which contain vitamins, minerals and antioxidants. It deep cleanses, soothes and the chamomile oil calms irritation and redness. This is great for when you have a breakout.

And finally moisturiser, sorry for the long post again. I use the vanishing cream, low fat moisturiser. Sounds funny right, it just means its low in oils and fat so it's great for greasy skin. This is a really light feeling moisturiser that just sinks into the skin leaving it feeling amazing and a great base to apply make up onto.

Have any of you tried the lush skin care range? what's your favourite products?

Love M xxx

SHARE:
© The CSI Girls. All rights reserved.
Blogger Designs by pipdig